Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Update to St. Francis Seraph

I did update my November post on St. Francis Seraph. CLICK HERE. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to locate any interior photographs, so if a kind reader has any, I'd be grateful if he passed them along. I will note, however, that the "new" high altar in the restored sanctuary of St. Anthony includes an icon of St. Francis Seraph, as is fitting for the parish that succeeded it.

I note the similarities between St. Francis and St. Thomas in Kansas City, Kansas. Both parishes lay in river bottoms (St. Francis, the Missouri North Bottoms, St. Thomas the Kaw Bottoms) whose residential neighborhoods were devastated following the 1951 flood, and whose residents never returned in significant numbers.

1 comment:

Ginny said...

Great site. I will be back soon. Keep up the good work. God Bless