Saturday, September 23, 2006

Is it worth a sawbuck?

One of my correspondents said he'd go to today's Sebelius Fan Club meeting (a/k/a the Kansans for Faithful Citizenship conference) in Overland Park, but I didn't want to promise a report to anyone.  This is the same guy who was lined up to cover last week's talk by that Jesuit dissenter guy at Topics to Go, and he didn't follow through.  As you'll recall,  I didn't go to Topics to Go, either, because I thought he had that event covered and so I skipped it and attended to some long-neglected household chores and family time last week.  

My correspondent doesn't have a report for me just yet, but he did just email me a note saying that he attended, and that something  is forthcoming, but that if I don't reimburse him for the $10 registration fee, he'll give the scoop to Kansas City Catholic or Dust of the Time.  

I'm thinking about it.  Is it worth a sawbuck?

5 comments:

wolftracker said...

I was robbed! He told me he needed $20.00 and I have no report either.

Darn it.

Jovan-Marya Weismiller, T.O.Carm. said...

You mean I can make money off you guys if I force myself to attend gatherings of liberals, modernists, neo-protestants and neo-pagans?!

Anonymous said...

No, no, no! It isn't as simple as that. You actually have to pay admission to the event, sit through the blasted thing, and then write about it. Personally, I'd rather remove all my toe nails with rusty pliars. But, if it's worth a free beanie-weanie to you, I say go for it!

Hilary Jane Margaret White said...

I want to read about it, and if it gets into some local Catholic rag, I won't, so please publish.

Of course, I'm not going to send you a ten-spot for it.

Curmudgeon said...

Hilary, a ten dollars Canadian is only about $4.50 American, isn't it?