Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Searches for Churches: I need your help, Kansas City!

The remaining closed churches that I plan to visit sometime this weekend include the following:
  • Benedictine Convent on 63rd Street (now owned by Franciscan sisters associated with the SSPX),
  • Our Lady of Guadalupe (suppressed as a parish, but operating as a shrine), and
  • The Loretto Academy (not a church, but a girls school and a convent that collapsed simultaneously with parishes in the malaise of the last 40 years)
I may try to find a couple of the more elusive church buildings that the lady down the street from St. Francis Seraph suggested, but I would really like some input from the handful of Kansas City readers, as well. What other suggestions to you have within the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph? There are a couple of Kansas churches I plan to visit, but I want to try to round out the Missouri side before I cross the state line.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try this website for other closings:

http://diocese-kcsj.=.org/policy/LocateRecords.html