Monday, March 27, 2006

OK, who wants to help out?

Do you live in the Kansas City area? Are you worked up like me (or even half as much as me) about the church closings that are sweeping the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas.

Well, you can help do something about it.

I have set up a placeholder blog,
Church Closings in Kansas, http://kansaschurchclosings.blogspot.com/ which can serve as a bulletin board of sorts to track what's going on, and what's being said, officially or otherwise.

However, I don't have the time (nor does my wife have the patience) for me to keep it up myself.

I'm happy, and eager, to share the blog, and even turn it over to, two or three other folks who can help. But I just need to find those people.

Those people will have to take over the bulk of the work. They're welcome to use the photos I've gathered and the little information I've collected on KCK churches as a starting point (if I can figure out how to copy the posts over), but they'll pretty much have to take over from there.

If you're interested, contact me at
curmudgeonkc@yahoo.com.

You don't have to give your name. In fact, I'd prefer it if we all stuck to noms-de-guerre. But I would like to know a little bit about you to make sure you're a legitimate concerned KC Catholic, and you're not ....say....that guy who thinks he's the Pope out near St. Mary's, or one of the Archbishop's consultants.

We'll see where this goes...

No comments: